Make your own free website on
« March 2019 »
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
What's going on w/ Me.
Thursday, 13 July 2006
Mood:  blue
Now Playing: Live - Lightning Crashes

So it's been a long 13 days since I last wrote....I don't even know where to start.

On the 2nd I started house/horse sitting and did that for 3 days, went fine except for when I accidently set off the house alarm...whoops!  The 4th was pretty fun too...Me, Krista, and Liz went to the Elks w/ the fire dept. that my friend Matt is in and watched them shoot off a bunch of fireworks. It was basically the normal Cactus crew which is always a good time.

Had my Dr. appointment to get ready to have my tonsil's out :( yuck. It's gonna be on the 18th at 7:30 in the morning ... coming soon!

On The 8th we went out for my b-day (which was the 9th). Oh my how my friends like to get me drunk and make a fool out of me. Went to the cactus like normal, Scott bought tequila shots for Bruce and the Dr. to take off me....yeah...ohwhat a night.  Then on my actual b-day I went to lunch w/ Rach, Liz, and Jeremy (Rach was a little too hungover and ended up sleeping in my car instead of eating poor thing!). Had dinner and b-day cake w/ my parents that night and then did nothing.

This is week had pretty much been hell.  I've just been working every day either at the barn or Bruno's. But this is probably my last week at Bruno's which I'm happy about. Last night was a bad night....I got a call from Catherine saying something was wrong w/ her horse so i ran to the barn and waited around for the vet to get there, well I left about 2 hours later b/c I had something to do...they called me a little later saying they had to put the horse down :( So I ran back to the barn. It was sad, I actually had known S'more (the horse) longer than Catherine so it was a rough night. To top the night off my mom called to tell me my grandma was in the hospital w/ something wrong w/ yesterday wasn't so great.

I've started moving out. I will be completly moved out on Sunday which is super sad :( I don't know what I'm gonna do w/ myself. And it will be interesting to not have Rachy living w/ me :(  I might cry :(  I'm looking forward to living w/ Krista though so hopefully things will be alright. My room bets more and more bare every day it's weird...and I have to move home for a couple weeks b/c of my tonsil surgery which I'm not looking forward to AT ALL!  So anyway...there's my update. Tonsil's come out on Tuesday so I'll probably update again sometimes after that.

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 8:40 PM CDT
Saturday, 1 July 2006
Ohhh what a weekend.
Mood:  spacey

Wow what a weekend it has been...but first the rest of the week

Wednesday I worked at the barn then did pretty much nothing the rest of the day. Thursday I went to the mall w/ Rach then did a little bit of packing up and moving stuff out of the apt. to my grandma's house just till I am able to move into the new place. Went out Thurs. night...closed down the Cactus and had a pretty good night all in all. Friday worked at the barn till 3 then Bruno's till 9:30 then went back to the Cactus again for Catherine's b-day...once again closed it down...had an interesting night w/ a guy but won't get into that until I know what's goin on. My night ended great though so that's a plus! Today I woke up at 11 went to Lindsey's and played w/ her puppy (my godson Quincy) then took him to my parent's house and let him play w/ our dogs for a couple hours, left him there and rode Trixter, then went back and got him and took him back to Lindsey's around 7. Met Scott and Catherine for dinner then hell made it a third night down to the Cactus...but as you can tell I didn't make it all night again. After yesterday I'm just exhausted so i called it an early night and am now ready to pass out.

Tomorrow I have 3 horses to ride: Frisky, Bobbie, and Sparki and am going to try to get a little bit more stuff moved out of the apt. I can't beleive it's already July! My b-day is next Sunday and i'm looking very forward to it!! Going out on Saturday to celebrate :) Other than that, nothing I want to update about yet...maybe soon but not yet :)

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 10:52 PM CDT
Tuesday, 27 June 2006
What a week
Mood:  chillin'
Now Playing: Michelle Featherstone - Falling

So I'm back from vacation, I'm glad it ended when it did. I really needed beach time but I realize now i can't do the whole family vacation alone anymore. Flew home Wednesday night and was very happy to be back.

Friday I left for my horse show that was in Edinbergh, IN on Saturday. It was just me Sandy and Frisky, which was a nice change from the usual 5-6 people that show up. It would have been nice to have one extra hand but we made by. So we ended up getting a 5th in TL 3, which made me kind of mad b/c usually she gets 1st in it, but i was happy w/ her because there was no bucking or rearing involved at all which is very unusual. Then I got a 4th in TL 4 which I was fairly pleased with as we had never ridden it before. The scores we got were good, just the places sucked. I got the scores i needed for the championship show in October, only one more score needed. I'll be doing that show in August. I scrathed my last ride b/c I didn't need the score and it was the easiest of the 3, and even though a blue ribbon would have been nice to bring home, it was worth pushing her and making her unhappy, so we stopped while we were ahead.

Saturday night we got home and I went out...and boy did I go out...all i need to say is I woke up on my parent's hallway floor.....thankfully they weren't home :).  So i just took it easy Sunday and slept all day.

Yesterday I worked at the barn till 3, rode Frisky and Bobbie. Bobbie's been great, she'll be leaving to go to Chicago soon which I'm sad about but I know Jeni misses her horse :).  I was going to ride Sparki later Mon. night but it started storming so I didn't feel like doing that in the middle of thunder and lightning.  Went to dinner w/ Krista and Lindsey and then came home and slept.

Today I rode Bobbie again and she was pretty good. Then I went and rode Sparki, he was great. I'm taking him to our first show in August and doing a walk/trot/canter class, a 2' jumping class, and a bareback class...hopefully we'll be ready for it...I'm excited!  Anyway, worked at Bruno's, my first night back in a little over 2 weeks, didn't miss it that's for sure.  I had applied to work at Petsmart in the equine department but I found out today they are getting ride of that department :( so I am going to apply at the Cactus to be a bartender :)

Tomorrow I'm working and riding and laying out at the pool if it's nice w/ Julia...yay she's home for 3 months!!

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 9:43 PM CDT
Monday, 19 June 2006
Myrtle Beach
Mood:  irritated
So I'm on my second night in Myrtle Beach...a little sad that I have to leave in a day and a half but oh well, a little is better than's an update of what's been going on:

Sunday, we left around 9:30 from the hotel in North Carolina and got here around 1:30. Checked in, and I ran to put my suit on and onto the beach to lay out. Stayed there till about 5 and basically did nothing the rest of the night. It was great.

Today was FABULOUS (for the most part). So I find this add in one of the coupon books for horseback riding on the beach...well it's something I've wanted to do my ENTIRE LIFE...seriously I would give anything to have that opportunity...well I got it!!! It was amazing..I can't even describe how incredibly wonderful it was. That was something on my top 5 list of things to do before I die and I could die a happy person now haha. I'll have pictures up as soon as I get home. So after my wonderful afternoon of a 2 hour trail/beach ride, my parents and I went to dinner which was the downfall of the night. My dad, being the wonderful asshole that he is just pissed me off too much. I think it was the first time I got angry in public around them...let alone the first time I yelled at him in public...he shut is mouth after that...I won't go into the details but it wasn't pretty. I haven't said a word to him the rest of the night. So that was my day. Now I'm sitting in the hotel lobby using their wireless internet b/c I have nothing else to do.

It's great being on vacation...if my parents were here it would be wonderful. I just can't seem to get along w/ them anymore and I hate it but I guess I should have known better than to come on a vacation alone w/ them. My bad. Oh well, I got a free trip.

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 9:38 PM CDT
Saturday, 17 June 2006
Mood:  chillin'
So I'm in North Carolina. We left home at 4:30 am yesterday (yuck) and I woke up once the entire trip. I think I slept about 9-10 hours while my parents drove :) it was great haha. So last night was boring, drove about 45 min. away to do nothing, say hi to some family members then we left, my dad got drunk and made a fool out of himself like always, then we came back to the hotel and went to sleep.
Today we woke up and drove around the dinky little town we're in looking for some water show that was supposed to be going on on the lake that's here but we couldn't find it. So I talked them into going to a zoo. It was pretty cool, it was s drive through zoo. You dive through this 5 mile "safari" like zoo and animals come up to your window's looking for food, sticking their heads in your was pretty cool. :) So now I'm sitting in the hotel room as my parent's wander around doing who knows what...

Tonight is my cusin's wedding, then the reception where I'm sure my parents will get nice and drunk and leave me to drive them back to the hotel...can't wait till we leave for Myrtle Beach in the morning...I'll update later.

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 2:14 PM CDT
Monday, 12 June 2006
Is it Friday yet?
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Jessie Daniels - Human Being
I'm glad this day is over...while it's been not so bad i'm getting very anxious for Friday to come. While waking up at 4 am and driving for 12 hours w/ my parents doesn't sounds so amazing...the fact that I'm getting a free trip to a beach and being flown home makes up for it. I'm super excited. We're going somewhere in North Carolina for my cusin's wedding first, my mom is playing the piano for it. I think it will be pretty cool, it's an outdoor's wedding at a country club so should be interesting. Never been to an outdoors wedding before. Sunday we drive 3 more hours to Myrtle Beach...which I haven't been to in over 5 years...I miss that place so much and I am so darn excited to go back! Then I have to fly home Wednesday night b/c I have a horse show that next weekend, my parent's will be staying there until the weekend but I'm fine w/ flying w/out them...15 hours driving home w/ them doesn't sound much fun!

So anyway, yesterday was pretty fun. I'll start w/ Saturday though. So went to my friend's wedding..which was weird but anyways, ended up leaving the reception fairly early and going out. Kory and a bunch of his friends met up w/ us where the night ended in him pucking is brains out...kind of funny actually...I had a good laugh :). So then Sunday he brought his daughter to the barn to ride Frisky, which was so incredibly adorable. I'm not a huge kid person..never have been but the kid is cute. And any kid that wants to ride is ok in my books :). Then I did absolutely NOTHING the rest of the day which was so nice.

Today I worked at the barn from 9-3 then Bruno's.
So update on my horses:

Frisky is doing ok. For awhile she was having some problems w/ her back...she got this huge swollen area on her spine so I wasn't able to ride for awhile. My vet had no idea what it was and how she got it but I've been able to ride her the past 2 days so i guess that's really all that matters. She's on meds so hopefully they will keep helping. Her leg is another issue..she still is having quite a few problems w/ it. After show season I'm going to have a specialist look at it and tell me if I'm ok to keep pushing her. If not I might breed her.

Sparki is so darn cute! Ah! haha. He's been going great. I'm super excited about showing him this summer and in the fall. It's a lot of fun being able to train a baby and be able to say that I was the one who taught him what he knows. Definitly a big stepping stone in my equine career that's for sure.

I'm not doing too much w/ any other horses right now except for Bobbie. I love her! She's so much fun to ride I just wish Jeni was able to be w/ her. I don't know how I would be able to handle not having my horse w/ me. But I'm glad she has enough trust in me to leave her in my hands. That's something I am so thankful for.

Other than that not too much is going on in the life of Alicia. Tomorrow I go to Ivy Tech to schedule for classes. I realized that I have a full year of classes that I HAVE to take a Purdue to finish there, and I don't know what I'm going to do. Hopefully I can clear my head and figure something out this semester being away from it for awhile. I'm definitly looking forward to not being at Purdue..which I guess maybe isn't such a good thing but hopefully it will work in my favor. We'll just have to wait and see.

I've recently had an idea about my future...job wise anyway...I'm going to give an idea to Jim and Marilynn and see if they would want to hire me on salary and me become the farm manager. It's kind of taking over Sandy's job, which I don't want to do, but at the same time, Sandy needs to focus more on her health and teaching. I want more hands on w/ the horses than I do w/ giving lessons. So I'm going to play with the idea for awhile and see what I can come up with.

We'll see

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 9:42 PM CDT
Saturday, 10 June 2006
What a day...
Mood:  mischievious
Well I worked all day Friday at Kings Hill, had the vet come out to check on Frisky b/c she wasn't doing so great...I think we got it fixed...hopefully...we'll see. Then last night I went out w/ Scott and Catherine and Rach and the whole crew. It was great...we have a new shot record...55..yeah we're crazy.

Today I went to the barn in the morning to check on Frisky then came home and got ready for Chrissy's wedding. It's so weird having people that you've known since 4th grade get married...Lindsey and I met up and went together which was great b/c I haven't talked to her in ages! It's been nice to update w/ her. Tonight we are going out again. Lindsey and her fiance are cactus virgin's so we're breaking them into Bruce and the piano bar...should be fun haha.

Tomorrow waking up early to go watch a horse show, then taking Kory and his daughter Aria to Kings Hill and letting Aria ride around on either Frisky or Miss Finally. Then going back to the horse show to do some volunteer work.

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 7:34 PM CDT
Wednesday, 7 June 2006
Another Day Done
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Julie Roberts - Lonely Alone
Well my day was pretty good again. Worked at Kings Hill from 9-3...didn't get any riding done b/c we were working on more construction. The barn is going to be GREAT when everything is finished!. We already made all of the stalls double sized, and today we fixed the leaky parts of the roof and the outter siding where it was starting to tear away from the barn. Next up we are fixing all the stall doors that are bent or broken, putting mats down in all the stalls, fixing all of the saddle racks, the footing in both arenas, and then either fixing up our trailer or buying a new one! It's great! :)

So anyway, I worked their till 3 then worked at Bruno's (my first day back in probably almost 2 was a nice break) until 8ish. Came home and did an assignment of one of my online classes. Only one more assignment and one more test till I'm done w/ the class. Then just one more class to finish up online. Can't wait for that. Big mistake for me to take online classes :). Oh well, you live you learn.

Tomorrow is another day of horses :) Lesson on Bobbie then lesson on Sparki then the vet is looking at Frisky to see if she's going to be ok for our show :( I hope so!!! Then Bruno's. So that's all for today!

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 8:59 PM CDT
Tuesday, 6 June 2006
Mood:  not sure
Now Playing: Daniel Powter - You Had a Bad Day
So this will be my attempt to keep everyone updated on what's going on in my life. I've been so incredibly busy lately it's ridiculous.

I just got done housesitting for a lady that I've been riding her horse Trixter for. Honestly, I'm so glad it's's not like it's hard to take care of 3 horses and 2 dogs, but on top of riding 4 horses and having a social's pretty difficult. After housesitting I went up to Chicago to see Jeni and help her look for a home for Bobbie. I think we found one! I'm a little sad that she will be leaving Kings Hill b/c I LOVE riding her...but I know how much Jeni misses her. SO I'm happy that they will get to be together again.

Today was a really good day. Carol and I loaded up her stallion Jeff and Sparki and took them over to Kings Hill just to get them off the farm. It was only the 2nd time Sparki had been in a trailer and he was great. He wasn't fabulous when I rode him but for it being his first time I was pleased. And Marilynn really liked him which is always good. We took em on the trails and everything went great! So I'm happy about that, and we are allowed to take them back anytime we want so I'm pleased.

Got home and cleaned like a mad women. But my room was aweful. So it needed it.

The week is basically full of working at Kings Hill, riding Frisky, Sparki, Bobbie, maybe Gryphon and Trixter. Then Friday and Sunday I'll be helping out at a show (I was going to take Trixter to it but she didn't get him registered in time so it's not happening anymore). Then Saturday I have Chrissy's wedding to go to. So it'll be a long week but fun.

That's all for now.!

Posted by aliciakuebler-23 at 7:21 PM CDT

Newer | Latest | Older